Friday, March 15, 2013

Tracker Version 2.0 Hardware

Payload housing was made using the Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP (I thought it looked awesome and aerodynamic)


GPS Module U-Blox Max-6 (Made for high altitudes)

Micro SD card logger called the OpenLog (any serial data sent to this chip is automatically recorded to a .TXT file. Just output commas between values and change the extension to .CSV)

Micro Controller is the Arduino Nano ver. 3.0 (All the functions of the UNO including built in 5 volt  regulator and on board FTDI, and only 1/6 the size. Why would I ever go back to the UNO after finding this amazing board?)

Radio Transmitter is the HX1-144.390-10 (Low power Long distance output. Make sure you get the -10 version and not the -3. -3 will work but -10 is better and is the same price.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joey,

    Nice blog you have here! Do you have the schematics/pinlayout for the ublox max-6q? I have one but I don't know the pin layout.

    Greetings
    Dino

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have that information actually. It was difficult to find. I will post it in a new blog post. so check the home page.

      Delete