Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Updating because I should, not because I have to.

So it has been a few days since I have posted anything. That usually implies that nothing has happened in the span of those few days. I would like to reassure everyone and let you all know that life has continued outside of the pages of the interwebs!

I actually have been working hard on this.... Nothing to show for it, but I have been working. I didn't want to post until I had some sort of positive update. Well, that is not going to happen!

I received a second GSM module and sent the old one back. It is hard to tell when something is broken if you don't know how to get it to work in the first place. Lucky for me Sparkfun sent me 2 modules. The one I received a few days after the first connected immediately. This let me know that I had a faulty unit.

I also received the HX1 RF transmitter from Radiometrix and began to wire it up on another prototyping shield. I then proceeded to look for wiring schematics only to realize I had no idea how to read them... I have been soldering this device (I have become VERY good at soldering) off and on for the past few days.

Nothing is really working yet.

Also, I haven't talked to Steven in over a week. I hope he is alive. I don't even know where he is on the project. I should probably check on him.

Like I said, no real news. I know I have more to say but I don't know what it is right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment